NetAcquire Virtual Server
Easily run NetAcquire System software on your own PC
NetAcquire® Virtual Server (NVS) gives operators the ability to securely prototype, develop, and perform data processing and software decommutation from the convenience of a PC desktop. In addition to extensive processing and network I/O capabilities, NVS is a cost-effective solution for teams needing to collaborate and streamline development without competing for NetAcquire hardware.
NVS brings the power of the NetAcquire Server and NetAcquire Deterministic Linux™ (NDL) to any Windows or Linux desktop. NVS is a complete, soft real-time NetAcquire Server that runs in the Oracle VirtualBox Type 2 hypervisor.
Since NVS is a full-featured virtualization of the actual NetAcquire Server software, it supports all NetAcquire software options including the NetAcquire Data Flow option. When combined with the NetAcquire Recorder option, NVS offers recording, playback, and processing of IRIG 106 Chapter 10 data.
NVS has broad networking capabilities including Telemetry Over IP (TMoIP) protocol support. NVS also supports the NetAcquire web-based graphical interface. Access to the NVS graphical user interface is available through any web browser, either on the host machine or from a remote client. NVS is fully compatible with NetAcquire Client Toolkit developed applications. Experienced NetAcquire users can develop custom software extensions and computations using the NetAcquire Server Extension Toolkit to extend NVS functionality or to test extensions prior to deployment.
NVS is fully compatible with NetAcquire MissionView™ displays that receive decommutated data published from the NetAcquire Data Flow option. This product combination offers advanced data visualization to better analyze recorded data from the convenience of a desktop environment.
- Virtual dual-core (SMP) server supports soft real-time operation
- Configurable through a web-based GUI accessible directly on the host PC or from remote any client
- Drives MissionView Display screens using network telemetry decommutation and publish/subscribe
- Telemetry over IP (TMoIP) network data receive capability
- Runs on your existing desktop machine with no additional hardware required
- Access the NVS console directly from the host machine desktop
- Supports the freely-available open source VirtualBox hypervisor from Oracle
- Full NetAcquire Data Flow capabilities, including specialty processing options: software decom, network I/O, computations, publish/subscribe, demultiplexing/multiplexing of CCSDS
- Time management and timestamping: synchronize NVS time from the host clock or network source, run a network time service from NVS, timestamp any measurement event
- Wide-range of networking capabilities, including Ethernet frame capture and Ethernet frame or IP packet decoding using Network Demultiplexer option
- Migrate, backup, restore, rollback full NVS images using built-in hypervisor features
- Update or add options to NVS without having to reinstall or reimage
- Interactively view data streams using Stream Display applet, MissionView Display, or client toolkit applications
- Built-in data pattern generators and validators: Analog Data Generator, Serial Pattern Generator, and Bit Error Rate Tester (BERT) option
- Records live NVS data or process recordings from NetAcquire hardware servers or other vendors using IRIG 106 Chapter 10 data recording and playback
- Secure operation using encryption and user accounts with different levels of access
- Uses NVS your existing client toolkit applications or server extension toolkit extensions
- Runs on Windows and Linux host machines
- Almost no learning curve due to identical web-based user interface between virtual and physical machines
- Cost savings associated with reduced hardware requirements